Terms of Business
Defender Defender Terms & Conditions of Sale
1) IntroductionAll orders will be subject to acceptance in accordance with the following terms and conditions. Defender Defender is a product designed by Gloucester landrover, the trading name and web site for the holding company Simply trade Sales Ltd. Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and Simply trade Sales Ltd will take place on dispatch of the equipment to you (i.e. The point when payment for equipment has been made and therefore the start of the shipping process to deliver the product in to your custody, or the custody of your appointed third party) unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled that order (please see Section ‘Deposits, Placing an Order, and Cancellations). Please print out these terms and conditions for your own records.
2) Placing an Order, and CancellationsOnce your original down payment has been paid your order is ‘locked’ and Defender Defender will begin the shipping process. You will be unable to change or amend your order after the down payment has been paid.You will only become the owner of the goods once full payment has been received by Defender Defender. Once the equipment is no longer in the custody of Defender Defender they are held at your own risk and Defender Defender will not be liable for their loss or destruction. There is no option to cancel the purchase of the product once payment has been processed.Where a minimum term of 6, 12 or 36 months is selected, cancellations are not permitted until the end of this initial period and we will not issue you a refund. Should you wish to cancel after the minimum term, please contact our team in writing (see contact details below).For all other subscriptions or after the minimum term of your subscription, you may cancel your subscription contract at any time by notifying our team in writing. (see contact details below.) Any payments due within 30 days of receiving the cancelation request will be charged, noted as final payment and accompanied with termination confirmation in writing. All product functions will thereby cease one month from the date of the final payment.
3) Pricing & Payment Methods/TermsAll payment for the Defender Defender unit and ongoing yearly/ monthly subscriptions will be taken via Defenderdefender.com via “global payments”.The price you pay for a unit is the price stated on the website upon date of purchase. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it with a full refund. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.Following payment for the Unit itself, there is the options of creating a reaccuring payment for every 1 or 12 months or instead making a one off payment for a 24 or 36 month subscription. If the ongoing reoccurring payments are chosen we reserve the right to increase our prices at any time after the first year of your subscription has elapsed and will notify you in writing with 10 days notice of any such price increase.If you are under 18 or are not using your own credit/debit card to pay for the unit/subscription, you must ask the permission of the credit/debit card holder before entering the payment details. By clicking "Submit" you are confirming that you have obtained the express prior permission of the credit/debit card holder.Please do not place an order with Defender Defender unless you are 100% satisfied that the equipment is fully suitable for your needs and you fully understand the subscription process and costs. You are not entitled to any partial or full refund if you “change your mind” or cancel your order (accept in circumstances where Defender Defender has failed to satisfy its obligations under the Sales of Goods Act 1979 (Revised) or is unable to complete the order).
4) Shipping & ExportWhen placing any order for export any shipping charges or duties are not included in the price of your order. We will deliver the unit to the address you notify to us when you place your orders. Subscriptions will start 1 month post-dispatch date. Please allow up to 5 working days for UK delivery. You agree that we will not be responsible for failure to deliver the unit if you have supplied us with an incorrect address. We reserve the right to dispose of incorrectly addressed envelopes and their contents without an obligation to refund you or any other person if they are returned to us and despite efforts to contact you we do not receive correct address details.We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery or non-delivery of units in the following circumstances: Where the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to us; Where such delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our control or the control of our sub–contractors and agents, including but not restricted to war, electricity power failure, utilities failure, failure of telecommunications links, failure of transport infrastructure, fire, flood, government act, act of God, legislative constraints, strikes, labor disputes or malicious damage involving employees.Our liability to you in the event of unit being lost in dispatch shall be at our discretion, be limited either to replacement of the missing unit or refund of the cost of the missing unit, to the extent permitted by law we exclude all other liability to you. Our exclusions of liability shall not apply to any damages arising from death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of any of our employees or agents. These Terms and Conditions do not and shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
5) Company Registration DetailsDefender Defender is a registered limited company. Our company registration number is 10026435. Our registered address is Defender Defender Ltd, Lawn Road, Ashleworth, Gloucestershire, GL19 4JL.
6) Our Commitment to PrivacyIn accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, Defender Defender regards the privacy of all of our customers very highly. To provide you with confidence regarding the use of your personal information on our website, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices.Personal information, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number etc, is collected by us and is used solely for the purpose of billing, fulfilling and/or shipping your order.When placing an order we collect the following details from you whilst protecting your data securely at all times.Your name Billing AddressShipping Address Telephone numberEmail addressNo credit or debit card information is stored on our server at any time; all transactions go through secure card payment systems that are fully compliant with all relevant UK legislation.
7) How Your Information is UsedWe use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
8) Commitment to Data Security.Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
9) This WebsiteWe are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of this website that may be linked to by our site.This site may use cookie and tracking technologies, which are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
10) Product WarrantyDefender Defender offer a 12 month mechanical failure warranty on all units. This warranty is only valid for mechanical and electrical failure in the United Kingdom. The Defender Defender warranty does not affect your statutory rights. Under the terms of the Defender Defender warranty, Defender Defender is entitled to choose whether to repair or replace a unit. The period for which this warranty is valid is from the date of purchase for the period as stipulated on the ‘Warranty Record’ and is equivalent to 12 months since point of purchase. To maintain the validity of Defender Defender warranty the unit must be fitted and maintained as recommended by enclosed instruction manual. All warranty issues must be notified to Defender Defender within 48 hours of the problem having been identified. This warranty is not transferable to another owner. Defender Defender will always endeavour to resolve any warranty issue as quickly and conveniently as possible.
11) Change of vehicle ownershipIf vehicle is sold and new owner wishes to continue use of Defender Defender then a “New keeper service charge” will be applied. New keeper can then select preferred subscription contract to begin payments from date of sale.
12) Customer Services, Consumer Credit Licence, and Contact InformationYou can get in touch with us in writing at the following address: Defender Defender, Lawn road, Ashleworth Glos GL19 4JL. You can get in touch with us via telephone: 01452 640713. You can get in touch with us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13) Vehicle theft liabilityDefender Defender is not held responsible for the recovery or reimbursment of any stolen vehicle using the Defender Defender product.
14) Unit alert limitEach device is limited to 500 alerts per calendar year. If you feel you may be near to or have surpassed allotted alerts for the year we recommend contacting Defender Defender directly who can inform you of your remaining allowance or provide the options to purchase extra alerts.
15) Termination of Site Access. We respect the rights of copyright holders and in this regard, we have adopted and implemented this policy. Under this policy, we shall terminate, if commercially practicable and reasonable, Site access in appropriate circumstances for employees, Site users and account holders, who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If the infringer is an innocent infringer, then we shall not terminate access unless such person has repeatedly infringed copyrighted material. If we determine that the infringer negligently or intentionally engaged in the infringing activity, then we reserve the right to immediately terminate that infringer's Site access.